Tuesday 11 July 2017

Untitled


Hi




I have recently come across some colouring books on line which have

 beautiful illustrations and when they are coloured in make beautiful works of art.


I want to improve my work with coloured pencil and watercolour

and thought that colouring books would be a good way to do this.


 Linda Ravenscroft  is an artist well known for her illustrations of fairies and has

some lovely colouring books which are available on her website.

I chose her book ' Fairy and Fantasy Art 2 Painting and Colouring Book.'


The paper is 300gsm and is perfect for watercolour and the pages

are one sided so ideal for framing if you wished.

I was hesitant to start my first page as I didn't want to ruin such beautiful illustrations.

Here is my first page.

Before....




.......and after.

Completed in watercolour and coloured pencil.

Before I go here is a little update on my current project.


Not much done since my last post.

Next step more... more gesso.



Thanks for visiting.

XXX

1 comment:

  1. You couldn't possibly ruin a coloring book page! Your talent can only improve it! :)

    ReplyDelete